MCC Foundation Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded each year based on the number of donors who have generously contributed to the MCC Foundation. Scholarship Qualifications for scholarships vary, based on the criteria set forth by the donor.
Eligibility and how to apply for a Foundation Scholarship:
- Complete an MCC Admission Application
- Complete FAFSA and be ineligible for Federal Financial Aid
- Official transcripts and verification items complete with the FA office
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines (see financial aid handbook)
- These yearly scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis until money has been expended. Those eligible will be emailed an on-line scholarship application to complete and must attend MCC Scholarship Ceremony. Apply early and meet all requirements before funds are expended to other students!
- Attend the Scholarship Awards Ceremony held in the Fall semester
- Maintain a 2.0 Term GPA and must complete at least 67% of the courses attempted each term
- Follow the Satisfactory Academic Policy (see financial aid handbook).
- Complete new FAFSA each year to reapply and follow application procedures as noted above
Merit Scholarships are based solely on performance in the classes and are not based on income. Merit Scholarships are given out in the Fall of your second year.
Montgomery Scholars Program Scholarship
An outside scholarship may be awarded from a high school, a local civic club or church, educational foundation, etc. If you will be receiving such an award, you must notify the MCC Financial Aid Office prior to registration. You must submit an authorization letter from the donor to the MCC Business Office if the College is expected to bill for your award.