All Montgomery Community College accounts now use the same login and usernames are automatically generated. To find your username, go to the WebAdvisor tab below and follow the directions to obtain your username and create your password.
Access WebAdvisor via the web by clicking on the WebAdvisor link at the top right at www.montgomery.edu or directly at https://webadvisor.montgomery.edu.
I Need Help With…
Setting Up WebAdvisor Username and Password
All MCC students will need login information in order to access certain student resources. Login conventions will be the same for all systems. Students will need to know their WebAdvisor User ID to login to these services.
For security, once you have successfully logged in to any resource, always change your password!
Find WebAdvisor UserID and College ID
MCC User IDs will be automatically generated. It is possible that your User ID has changed since the last time you were a student at MCC. It is important that you go to WebAdvisor to obtain your User ID. You will need this User ID for WebAdvisor, Blackboard and your MCC Student Email account.
To find your User ID, go to WebAdvisor, then choose the What’s My User ID? link at the bottom right. On this screen you will enter your Last Name and either your SSN or your Student ID number. Do NOT enter both numbers. Press Enter and your User ID will be displayed. Now click the Back Button (left arrow at the top corner of your browser). Once you hit the back button to return to the screen with your information, you will also see your 7-digit College (or Student ID). You will need both the User ID and the College ID (7-digit number) to setup/change your password in the next step.
Important: At the Password Portal enter your WebAdvisor username, and click Next. Enter the requested information at the next screen. You can find your 7-digit College ID on previous correspondence such as your acceptance or need letter. Be sure to enter your birthdate as MMDDYY (no dashes and only using two numbers for the year). Now create your password and confirm it. Passwords must be at least 8 characters and contain at least 1 Upper Case, 1 Lower Case and 1 Number. (Example Green1Tea)
WiFi Help Docs
Setting Up Blackboard Username and Password
All MCC students will need login information in order to access certain student resources. Login conventions will be the same for all systems listed below.
Obtain your Username:
MCC Usernames will be automatically generated. It is possible that your Username has changed since the last time you were a student at MCC. It is important that you use the button below to obtain your Username. You will need this Username for all services. To find your username click the button below. On this screen, you will enter your Last Name and either your SSN or your Student ID number. Do NOT enter both numbers. Click Submit, then write down your Username and click OK.
To reset your password click the button above.
CREATE A PASSWORD WITH THE PASSWORD PORTAL
If you have already created a password at the Password Portal, you will use the same password for all services. If you need to create/reset your password, please go to the Password Portal.
1. Go to the Password Portal.
2. Select Reset Password.
3. Input Username. Click next.
4. Answer the questions. Make sure to use the name on file. Input birthdate in the MMDDYY format (ex. 010895 for January 8, 1995). Click next.
5. Input new password. Password must be at least 8 characters and contain at least 1 Upper Case, 1 Lower Case, and 1 number. (Example: Green1Tea)
Where can I find my 7 digit Student I.D. Number?
The Student ID Number appears on your schedule, listed as “ID Number,” MCC acceptance/need letter, or it can be found on the back of your Student Photo ID. It is a seven (7) digit number.
Obtain your 7 Digit Student ID:
MCC Student IDs will be automatically generated. It is possible that your Student ID has changed since the last time you were a student at MCC. Click the button below to get started. On this page, you will enter your Last Name and your SSN. Click Submit, you will see your Username. Click the back button in your browser to go back to the previous page. Your 7 digit student ID number will now be populated in the field.
Who do I contact if my username or pass word for Blackboard Learn is not working?
Why are my courses not showing up in Blackboard Learn?
Your courses will not show up until the first day of class. If you register late, it may be 24 hours from the time you registered until your course is available. If you still do not see your course(s), please call (910)-898-9646.
Where can I find technical help with issues such as logging in or getting started with Blackboard Learn?
MCC has several ways you can get assistance with technology and online courses.
- Email email@example.com
- MCC Distance Learning Office:
- -Stephanie Weishner at 910-898-9645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCC CATS Lab: Call 910-898-9648 or stop by the lab and speak to one of our lab assistants
MCC Blackboard Learn Helpdesk 24/7 Support: Call 1-855-588-2930 or visit https://help.edusupportcenter.com/shplite/montgomerycc/home
Are there computers on campus with internet access for students?
Yes! Students may use the computers in the MCC Library and individual student assistance is available in the CATS lab located at the back of the library. To login to these computers, you will need your username and password created from the instructions above.
How do I check my grades on Blackboard Learn?
Your instructor may have created a tool in the menu on the left side of the screen titled, Grades or My Grades. If you do not see this, look for a menu titled Tools, and you should find a My Grades link inside.
Do I have to use special software to access Blackboard Learn?
There are several browser plug-ins commonly required to display content in Blackboard Learn:
Test your version of Java to ensure compatibility. Blackboard has tested and supports version 7 JRE. While JRE 6 may work, it could result in unexpected behavior.
Install Abode Reader
Install Adobe Flash Player
Install Adobe Shockwave Player
Install Windows Media Player Plugin
Can I use the mobile app for Blackboard Learn?
The Blackboard Mobile Learn app offers access to various content and features within a Blackboard Learn course and is available for multiple mobile devices.
There is a mandatory course assignment in all my online courses - Do I have to complete each course?
Yes! It is important that you complete the mandatory assignment by the due date for EVERY course you are enrolled. If you do not complete the assignment by the due date, you will be automatically dropped from the course.
Student Email Address
Access student email via the web by clicking on the TrailMail link at the top of the page or directly at mail.google.com/a/student.montgomery.edu
Your MCC email address will be UserID@student.montgomery.edu. Example: If your WebAdivosr UserID is smithp5622, your email address will be email@example.com.
If you do not know your WebAdvisor User ID, go to WebAdvisor, then choose the What’s My User ID?
Student Email Password
If you have already created a password for WebAdvisor at the Password Portal, you will use the same password for your student email. If you need to reset your password, go to the Password Portal.
For assistance please contact Mallory Smith
Office Location: 273D, in Cats Lab (back of MCC Library)
Free Office 365
With your MCC student email account, you can download Microsoft Office on up to five (5) different devices absolutely free! With MS Office 365 you always get the most current version available. Go to www.office.com/getOffice365
I’m Ready to download the software!
How do I download the software?
1. Enter your MCC email address in the box indicated. then click the green Get started button. Note: If you have ever registered for an Office 365 account using your MCC student email, you should click the Sign in button at the upper right corner of this page.
2. Click “I’m a student” on the window that appears. You should receive a message to “go check your email.”
3. Check your student mail for an email from Microsoft Office 365 Team. Open this email and verify by clicking the ‘yes, that’s me’ button.
4. Fill out the form with your name, create a password and enter your birth date. Click the Start link.
5. At the next screen, you will see an Install Now button on the right side of the page. Be sure to uncheck the two buttons above the Install Now button if you do not want to set Bing and MSN as default search engine and browser. Note: If you need help installing on a device other than a computer, use the links in the middle of the page for more information.
6. Click the Install Now button to continue. In just a few seconds a Setup file is downloaded onto your computer. If you do not see the “Setup.X86.en US_03…” file at the bottom of your screen, navigate to the Downloads folder on your computer. Double-click the file name to begin the installation. If you have trouble finding the file, skip to the next lesson in this course or watch the video at this link for more help:
7. Click Next and answer the prompts until the installation is complete. If you have issues, try this link: Troubleshoot Office 365 Installation or call the CATS Lab at 910-898-9648.
Use a modern, reliable computer with the following minimum requirements:
Internet connection via DSL, cable, or better
4GB RAM or more
Note: A PC is recommended as some classes are not compatible with Mac and Android operating systems. For example, CIS 110 requires a PC. Always use the hardware and software recommended by the course instructor or the course syllabus.
Note: If you do not have access to a computer, the MCC Library has computers available for student use, as well as the CATS Lab (located at the back of the library). The CATS Lab has staff available to answer questions, as well as printers that students can use for class assignments.
Microsoft Office 365
Many of your courses will require the use of Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office is a suite of programs that includes Microsoft Word (word processor), Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet), Microsoft PowerPoint (presentation software), and Microsoft Access (database).
With your MCC student email account, you can download Microsoft Office 365 on up to 5 devices–completely FREE! Follow these instructions to download to your personal computer(s), tablet, etc.
1. Go to portal.office.com.
2. Enter your full MCC email address. It is your Blackboard and Self-Service username with @student.montgomery.edu as the domain (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). Click Next.
3. Enter the password you use for all other MCC accounts (e.g., Blackboard, Self-Service, etc.). Click Sign-In.
4. A “More information required” screen will appear. Click Next.
5. On the “Don’t lose access to your account” screen, select one of the options (phone or email). Click on “Set it up now”. (We used email for these instructions.)
6. Enter an email address. It will NOT let you use your MCC student email account. Click Email me.
7.Check the alternate email account for a code. It may look similar to the following screenshot.
8. Enter the code as shown in the screenshot on the next page. Click Verify.
9. Click Finish
10. You may need to log in again.
11. It is recommended that you click No if asked about staying signed in.
12. You may be prompted to go back to office.com and sign in again. If so, use your MCC email address and password if necessary. (I simply had to click on office.com and was already logged in.)
13. You will see an Install Office button on the right side of the page.
Note: If you need help installing on a device other than a computer, go to Account icon in upper right corner → My Account → My Installs on the left → iOS or Android or Windows link under “Get Office on your phone or tablet” for more information.
14. Click the Install Office button to continue. In just a few seconds a Setup file is downloaded onto your computer. If you do not see the “Setup.X86.en-US_03…” file at the bottom of your screen, navigate to the Downloads folder on your computer. Double-click the file name to begin the installation. If you have trouble finding the file, skip to the next lesson in this course or watch the video below for more help.
15. Click Next and answer the prompts until the installation is complete. If you have issues, try repeating the steps above, or call the CATS Lab at 910-898-9648.
Note: You can only install Office 365 on Windows 7 or later. Office 365 may now require Windows 10 because security updates for Windows 7 will stop in 2020. Installation will not work on Windows XP or Vista. If you are trying to install on a tablet, iPad, or Chromebook, you will have to download as an app through Google Play, the AppStore or similar. You will be asked to login with your Office 365 credentials to use the apps.
The video below was recorded BEFORE the Office 365 password was configured to match the password used in Blackboard and other systems. Please take that into consideration if you use the video for assistance.