The Montgomery Scholars Program scholarship was established to ensure that high school graduates in Montgomery County have access to financial assistance to attend Montgomery Community College. This is a two-year scholarship that is designed to follow the student through to a diploma and/or and associate degree.
Scholarships will include:
- In State tuition and fees for both Fall and Spring Semester (Summer if funding available).
- $250 credit towards books for both Fall and Spring Semester (as funding is available)
To be eligible for the Montgomery Scholars Program Scholarship, the student must:
- be a resident of Montgomery County and achieved a high school diploma.
- begin studies at MCC the calendar year of high school graduation.
- complete FAFSA and be ineligible for Federal Financial Aid.
- re-apply (listed below) for the second year of the scholarship.
- be a full-time student (or on track to complete degree within two years).
- meet Satisfactory Academic Policy guidelines (see financial aid handbook).
- Student must complete the MCC Admission Application and Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 30 at www.fafsa.gov (Potentially eligible students will be awarded at High School Award Ceremony) (Instructions on how to receive the award will be included with the Certificate).
- Student must submit their official transcripts from high school, complete RDS and Admission requirements and complete their financial aid file with Alicia Higgins (ext 614) in the MCC financial aid department between April 30- July 1.
- All potentially eligible students that have completed the first two steps by July 1 will receive a Montgomery Community College Foundation Scholarship Application to complete in their college student email. Students will be required to attend the MCC Scholarship Ceremony. All awards are based on a first come, first serve basis with the Priority Deadline of July 1 or until money has been expended. Apply early and meet all deadlines before funds are expended to other students!
To maintain Montgomery Scholars eligibility student must:
- attend the Scholarship Awards Ceremony held in the Fall semester.
- maintain a 2.0 Term GPA and must complete at least 67% of the courses attempted each term.
- follow the Satisfactory Academic Policy (see financial aid handbook).
- complete FAFSA each year of eligibility and follow application procedures each year as noted above.