Montgomery Community College provides training for firefighters and rescue workers. Classes are tailored to each fire or rescue department’s needs to help them improve their performance and complete their duties more efficiently and safely. Specialized classes are held throughout the year on campus and at local fire departments throughout Montgomery county. All fire and rescue courses are offered through the college’s Continuing Education Department. Students earn Continuing Education Units (CEU) credit for each class they complete. NC fire and rescue department members are exempt from course registration fees.
For questions about upcoming courses, please contact us at Public-Safety@montgomery.edu
Fire and Rescue Expo – October 12 – 15, 2023
- Primer Extrication – Patient/Vehicle Movement – 20 hours
- FIP3042 FF Fireground Operations 2 – 28 hours
- FIP3600 Emergency Vehicle Driver – 24 hours
- FIP6505 Helicopter Transport – 6 hours
NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY
- Incident Safety Officer – 16 hours
- Leadership in Supervision – 16 hours
NATIONAL FALLEN FIREFIGHTER FOUNDATION
- Courage to be Safe – 4 hours
- Leadership, Accountability, Culture and Knowledge – 4 hours
- Basic Driver Operator – 20 hours
- Basic Firefighter – 20 hours
- Advanced Techniques for Moving Hoselines – 16 hours
- LP Gas Props – Day of Fire
- NAEMT Advanced Medical Life Support
SEARCH AND RESCUE
- Land Navigation and SARTopo
Check back later for upcoming courses!
Registration fees vary depending on the length of the course. The following rates were set by the North Carolina Community College System Office and were reapproved for the current year:
|Course Length||Registration Fee|
|> 50 Hours||$180|
All Fire Department personnel within North Carolina qualify for a tuition fee waiver.
Failure to provide documentation of affiliation and job title at registration will result in registration fees being applied to the student. Exceptions can be made by calling the Workforce Development Center at (910) 898 – 9672 or contacting Fire&Rescue@montgomery.edu.
The tuition fee waiver ONLY applies to the course registration fee. Any other associated fees are the responsibility of the student and must be paid before the class starts or the student will be dropped from the course.
Ready to get started? Follow the steps below:
- Go to the WDC Registration form located here and complete the information to begin registration.
- Once your registration form is received, you will be contacted if required documentation is needed. If additional documentation is not required, you will be contacted to pay for the course.
- You are now ready for the course to begin!
The 2022 schedule is currently in process. For information, please call us at (910) 898-9672.