MCC has two study rooms (located at the back of the library) available for student use for collaboration, group study, or SGA club meetings. Each room has an Internet-connected computer system. Rooms may be checked out to currently enrolled students.
Students may reserve a study room at the MCC Library Circulation Desk or by calling 910-898-9650.
Following are the guidelines for using the study rooms:
• Study rooms are for academic use only.
• Student or group representative must check in at the MCC Circulation Desk and present a valid MCC ID.
• Reservations are for 2 hours. (Up to 2 hours of additional time may be added if the room is available.)
• Reservations will be held for 20 minutes following the reserved time to occupy the room. If the room remains unoccupied, the library may reassign the room.
• Room capacities must be observed.
◦ Room 272 A: Occupancy 4 max.
◦ Room 272B: Occupancy 8 max.
• Group conversations need to be kept at a lower sound level. Cell phones, computers, and other devices need to be muted or used with headphones.
• The security of personal belongings left in the study room is the student’s responsibility.
• Personal items such as laptops, backpacks, and books left unattended for more than 20 minutes may be removed from the room and will be held at the Circulation Desk.
• Only covered drinks, no food may be consumed in the Study Rooms.
• Do not remove any of the furnishings from the room.
• Please clean up after yourself and report any cleanliness issues to the Circulation Staff.
• Study Rooms will be monitored. Misuse of study rooms and rules governing use or damage to study rooms may result in loss of library privileges.
• Conduct in this room must be appropriate to a library setting and in accordance with MCC policies.
• Study Rooms must be vacated fifteen minutes before library closing.