Pharmacy technicians play an integral role in supporting pharmacists and providing safe and effective care to patients in community, hospital/health system, ambulatory care, military, compounding, online, veterinary, and other practice settings.
Specific responsibilities will vary by the type of practice setting and the technician’s level of experience. In general, a pharmacy technician may:
- enter prescription orders
- package and label prescriptions
- operate automated dispensing systems
- maintain inventories
- arrange for patients to speak with pharmacists
- take and review medication histories (Medication History)
- process insurance claims
- compound sterile preparations
- reconcile medications (medication reconciliation)
- manage medication therapy (MTM)
- assist with immunizations
*Class requires a textbook. Costs $42.99 for eTextbook or $173.75 for paperback.
For more information please contact us at 910-898-9672 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org