The Associate in Science program is designed to parallel the freshman and sophomore level course work at four-year colleges and universities within the University of North Carolina System and will transfer to these institutions toward a baccalaureate degree. The Associate in Science degree (A.S.) is designed for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in one of the liberal arts disciplines or at a professional school that requires a strong liberal arts background.
Total Semester Hours Credit required in program = 60-61 (A. UGETC + B. Additional Gen Ed Hrs + C. Other Required Hrs)
One semester hour of credit may be included in a 61 SHC Associate in Science program of study. The transfer of this hour is not guaranteed.
* An asterisk indicates that a prerequisite/corequisite course is required; see your advisor for specific course information.
- Students must meet the receiving university’s foreign language and/or health and physical education requirements, if applicable, prior to or after transfer to the senior institution.
- All degree graduates of Montgomery Community College must demonstrate competency in the basic use of computers. To satisfy this requirement, students may utilize one of the following three options:
- a. Provide evidence of computer courses taken in high school or at another college;
- b. Take a computer course at MCC; or
- c. Take the MCC Computer Competency Test
Total Semester Hours Required For Associate in Science degree: 60-61
One semester hour of credit may be included in a 61 SHC Associate in Science program of study. The transfer of the extra hour, however, is not guaranteed.