THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED AS THE COLLEGE RECEIVES INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
Montgomery Community College Covid-19 Safety Protocols
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Masks are required on campus (indoors & outdoors at all times.
- Employees in offices alone with closed doors;
- Individuals in his/her personal vehicle;
- Outdoor exercise classes that allow for social distancing of 10 feet; and
- Field work that allows for social distancing of 6 feet.
Penalties – Failure to adhere to PPE requirements will result in a one-time warning. A second offense will result in removal from campus.
Levels of Cleaning
- Employees are responsible for keeping their workspaces clean.
- Cleaning staff is responsible for public areas and restrooms.
○ All hard/high touch surfaces to include: tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
○ Wipe down areas with cleaner, let dry, spray with disinfectant (aerosol).
○ Alternately, wipe down with disinfectant (liquid) and let dry. Most disinfectants require 6-10 minutes to become effective in killing germs.
Confirmed Exposure – Cleaning staff will implement the following;
- Close off areas visited by the ill persons. Open outside doors and windows and use ventilating fans to increase air circulation in the area. Wait 24 hours or as long as practical before beginning cleaning and disinfection.
- Cleaning staff should clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, restrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment (tablets, touch screens, keyboards, and remote controls) used by the ill persons, focusing especially on frequently touched surfaces.
- If it has been more than 7 days since the person with suspected/confirmed COVID-19 visited or used the facility, additional cleaning and disinfection is NOT necessary.
Click Here for a fascinating study done by researchers at Duke University examining the effectiveness of different styles of face coverings to mitigate the transmission of COVID 19. The basic gist of their findings are All Masks are Not Created Equal. We hope this helps you as you choose your own face covering.