The release of personal information pertaining to curriculum students is under the general supervision of the Vice President of Student Services. To safeguard the welfare of each student, personal information is given only to authorized individuals as specified in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974. The Act provides many safeguards regarding the confidentiality of and access to student records. For more information, consult the MCC Student Handbook.
- Students may review their educational records by making a written request to the Records Officer.
- Student records will not be reviewed by third parties unless permission is obtained in writing from the student. Exceptions may be made for instructors and administrators if the information is for educational purposes. Exceptions may also be made for auditing or accrediting organizations. The Vice President of Instruction and Student Services will make the final decision concerning access to records.
- Official transcripts will be issued only when a written request is received from the student. Transcripts from high schools or other colleges will not be released.
- MCC does not publish or distribute any personally identifiable information unless mandated by legislative action.
- MCC uses photos and names of students in it’s publicity, marketing, promotion, and advertising efforts as well as in editorial [i.e. brochures, catalog, news releases, academic standing (honors, scholarships) features, etc.] If you do not wish for the college to use your photo and/or name for these purposes, please contact Student Services.