The College is authorized to provide the following academic programs:
A. Curriculum Programs. Curriculum Programs are organized sequences of courses leading to an associate degree, a diploma or a certificate. All Curriculum Programs are designed to provide education, training, or retraining for the work force.
B. Continuing Education Programs. Continuing Education Programs provide education and training opportunities. Courses are non-credit, short-term, and are offered in a variety of instructional delivery modes and locations. Included within continuing education programs are:
1. Occupational Extension Courses. Occupational Extension Courses consist of single courses for the specific purposes of training an individual for full or part-time employment, upgrading the skills of persons presently employed and retraining others for new employment in occupational fields.
2. Community Service. Community Service Courses consist of single courses that focus on an individual’s personal or leisure needs rather than occupational or professional employment.
3. Self-Supporting Programs. Self-Supporting Programs are specific courses of interest requested by the community or which serve a special need for the community and College.
4. Basic Skills Programs. Basic Skills Programs provide courses for students seeking a high school diploma equivalency, general education development, or other specific types of education services including adult basic education, English as a second language and compensatory education.
5. Customized Training Programs. Customized Training Programs address company-specific training customized for job growth, technology investment or productivity enhancement.
6. Human Resources Development Programs. Human Resources Development Programs provide skill assessment services, employ-ability skills training and career counseling to unemployed and underemployed adults.
7. Learning Laboratory Programs. Learning Laboratory Programs consist of self-instruction using programmed texts, audio visual equipment and other self-instructional materials.
8. The Small Business Center Program provides training, counseling and referral services especially designed in context and delivery modes for existing and prospective small businesses.
Adopted: September 9, 2019
Legal Citation: 1D SBCCC 200.3
To further our efforts to ensure a secure learning environment we will be implementing MFA for our school applications Friday June 9th. Please download the Microsoft Authenticator App and make sure we have your most up to date cell phone number in our records.
Last Updated: Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 at 9:30 AMSee Alert History