College employees shall be afforded and offered the following benefits, based on the following
classifications of employment:
A. Full-Time Employees
Full-time employees, including full-time employees serving in a probation period, will be afforded the following benefits:
1. All applicable leave as specified in College Policy;
2. Longevity Pay, with requisite years of experience.
3. Teachers’ and State Employees’ Retirement System (“TSERS”) benefits. TSERS benefits include: retirement, long-term disability, short term disability, and life insurance;
4. Participation in the North Carolina State Health Plan (in accordance with Staten Health Plan laws and guidelines with employer contribution); and
5. Other optional benefits as specifically provided by the College or as may be
required by State law.
B. Full-Time, Temporary Employees
1. All applicable leave as specified in College Policy; and
2. Any full-time, temporary employee who is anticipated at the date of hire to work more than three (3) months during the academic year is considered a “full-time” employee and shall be offered health insurance in accordance with State Health Plan policies and guidelines.
Adopted: May 8, 2019
Last Updated on June 17, 2021