The College shall comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, As Amended (“ADA”). To achieve compliance, the College shall:
1. Provide notices concerning the ADA.
2. Designate a responsible employee to coordinate ADA compliance.
3. Ensure that existing facilities are readily accessible to or usable by individuals with disabilities through structural changes in facilities or through other methods that are equally effective to make services, programs and activities accessible.
4. Eliminate eligibility criteria that screens out or tends to screen out individuals with disabilities or any class of individuals with disabilities from fully and equally enjoying any service, program or activity being offered.
5. Administer services, programs, and activities in the most integrated setting appropriate to the needs of qualified individuals with disabilities.
6. Take appropriate steps to ensure that communications with persons who are disabled are as effective as communications with others, including the furnishing of appropriate auxiliary aids and services.
The College may from time to time engage in an accessibility audit of its facilities and programs. The College will maintain the self-evaluation and make it available to the public for three (3) years. All allegations concerning disability discrimination or harassment shall be addressed through Policy 3.3.7 – Discrimination and Harassment (employees) or Policy 5.3.4 – Discrimination and Harassment (students).
Adopted: March 11, 2020
Legal Reference: 42 U.C.S. § 12101, P.L. 110-325