Associate in Engineering

The Associate in Engineering program is designed to parallel the freshman and sophomore level coursework at four-year colleges and universities within the University of North Carolina System and will transfer to these institutions toward a baccalaureate degree.

The Associate in Engineering degree (A.E.) is designed for students who want to pursue a four-year degree in one of the engineering disciplines or at a professional school that requires a strong engineering background.

The Phi Theta Kappa honor society is a voluntary campus student organization open to all curriculum students. Membership is based on academic achievement. The society provides opportunities for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.

Montgomery Community College has an agreement with the University of North Carolina System as well as a number of private colleges and universities that will allow your College Transfer courses to be accepted at these institutions. They include:

  • Appalachian State University
  • Barton College
  • Belmont Abbey College
  • Bennett College
  • Brevard College
  • Campbell University
  • Chowan University
  • East Carolina University
  • Elizabeth City State University
  • Fayetteville State University
  • Gardner-Webb University
  • Greensboro College
  • Guilford College
  • Johnston C. Smith University
  • Lees-McRae College
  • Lenoir-Rhyne University
  • Livingstone College
  • Mars Hill University
  • Meredith College
  • Methodist University
  • Montreat College
  • NC A&T State University
  • NC Central University
  • NC State University
North Carolina Wesleyan College
  • Pfeiffer University
    Queens University of Charlotte
    Saint Augustine’s University
    Salem College
    Shaw University
    St. Andrews University
  • UNC Asheville
  • UNC Chapel Hill
UNC Charlotte
  • UNC Greensboro
  • UNC Pembroke
  • UNC School of the Arts
  • UNC Wilmington
  • University of Mount Olive
  • Western Carolina University
  • William Peace University
    Wingate University
  • Winston-Salem State University


  • Students who wish to transfer to four-year colleges or universities should speak to their academic advisor before or during their first semester at MCC. Please see a list of frequently asked questions regarding college transfer at the following link: Academic Advising Information

Comprehensive articulation agreement transfer credit appeal procedure


Select any Option below to see a step-by-step guide to program completion, admissions, costs, financial aid, and more.

Associate in Engineering Degree 60-61 semester hours N/A