Sunday, February 07, 2016
Text Size


Student Services

Title IX

Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 is a federal law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Such discrimination can include sexual harassment or sexual violence, such as sexual intercourse without consent, sexual assault, and sexual coercion. Title IX also prohibits gender-based harassment, which may include acts of verbal, nonverbal, or physical aggression, intimidation, or hostility based on sex or sex stereotyping even if those acts do not involve conduct of a sexual nature.

Montgomery Community College is committed to pursuing aggressively an equal opportunity policy and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information in its programs and activities. If you believe you have been or are being discriminated against based on your gender, please contact one of the Title IX Coordinators listed below. You may also contact a trusted faculty or staff member who will notify a Coordinator. We take complaints seriously and will work with you to ensure your safety, to remedy the situation, and to prevent its recurrence.

Title IX Coordinators

Jeanette McBride, Vice President of Administrative Services                  Beth Smith, Vice President of Student Services   

910-576-6222, Extension 219

    910-576-6222, Extension 225

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Student Life

Students know how to relax and have fun at MCC. The Student Government Association sponsors activities such as Spring Fling, Polar Volleyball, Halloween Spooktacular, and the Holiday Feast each year. You can relax in the Outpost student union with a quick game of ping-pong or a chat with friends between classes.

Hungry? Stop by the dining room and make your selection from the variety of vending options. Student clubs and organizations sponsor field trips, professional development activities, and fundraisers throughout the year. There is a little something for everyone.

To see what activites and events are coming up, check out the Student Activities Calendar below.




To request transcripts for MCC:  Students planning to attend MCC will need to request an official transcript from each school attended - - high school, high school equivalency (GED) office, college, etc. Complete and mail a Transcript Request Form to each school. If you are currently enrolled in high school, have a transcript sent to us now and a final copy sent to us upon graduation. The form can also be used to request placement test scores from other colleges.

Students who completed the high school equivalency (GED®) program in North Carolina must request an official transcript from the NC Community College System College & Career Readiness office. Visit the College & Career Readiness website for more information.

To request transcripts from MCC:  Students who wish to request a copy of their MCC transcript will need to submit a completed Request for MCC Transcript form to the Enrollment Coordinator's office.

For more information, please contact:

Enrollment Coordinator
Montgomery Community College
1011 Page Street
Troy, NC 27371
910.576.6222 ext. 240
Fax number: 910.576.2176

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Congratulations! You are about to become a college graduate. To ensure you are ready for graduation, please be sure to follow the procedures and requirements described here and in your Student Handbook and the MCC College Catalog.

The candidate is responsible for applying for graduation by February 1 of the year that he/she is scheduled to graduate. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that all requirements have been met. Prospective graduates should submit the completed Application for Graduation to the Enrollment Coordinator in Student Services.

Graduation Fee

Students are expected to pay the graduation fee by March 1. Graduation fees are:

High School Completion (GED & Adult High School) $30.00
Curriculum Programs $35.00
*For each additional award (degree, diploma or certificate) $5.00

NOTE: Graduation fees are subject to change at the discretion of the College depending upon increased prices from our supplier.

Graduation May 11, 2016
Details coming soon!



  • Admissions
    Article Count:
  • Counseling/Assessment
    Article Count:
  • Advising and Registration
    Article Count:
  • Financial Aid
    Article Count:
    • Financial Aid Handbook/Procedures
      Article Count:
    • Federal Work Study Program
      1. The student applies for the Federal Work-Study Program by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Financial Aid Office will determine eligibility for Federal Work-Study funds.
      2. The student completes an application for work-study, which will outline the student’s skills, experience and interests. The student’s job preference, as well as the College needs is given consideration in job placement. Whenever possible, placement may be made in an area related to the student’s course of study or career goals.
      3. The Financial Aid Office will review the student applications and place students in an appropriate job setting when positions and funds are available. Returning students may resume their job from the prior school year provided they have been requested back by their supervisor, and have completed all necessary yearly paperwork with the financial aid office.
      4. A Work-Study Contract is prepared and all payroll information is given to the student. A student cannot begin work until a work contract is signed and payroll information is processed. Required forms include a W-4 (Tax Withholding Form), NC-4 State Form and an I-9 (Employment Verification Form). Proper identification is necessary to complete this process. A valid driver’s license, a U.S. social security card or an original or certified copy of a birth certificate will be needed to prove eligibility to work. Also, a valid U.S. Passport may be used in the place of the previous mentioned documents.
      5. The supervisor and student together complete a class/work schedule form to be on file with the supervisor and the Financial Aid Office. A student contract is then completed and is kept on file in the Financial Aid Office.
      Article Count:
    • Apply for Financial Aid
      Article Count:
    • Veterans Benefits
      Article Count:
      • Apply for VA Benefits
        Article Count:
      • Checklist for Certifying Benefits

        Thank you for choosing Montgomery Community College for your educational endeavors. The following procedures are intended to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted certification and continuation of benefits while you are here. Our staff is ready to help you during any step in the process so please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.

        Article Count:
  • Orientation
    Article Count:
  • Student Government
    Article Count:
  • Testing
    Article Count:

Login Form